A Warm Hug is sometimes gives you a comfort. Whether you’re wrapped up in the arms of your partner or greeting a friend hello, hugs have a way of making us feel warm. Hugging makes us feel protected and loved, this touching and loving gesture can also do wonders for our well-being. So whether it’s a simple squeeze, a big bear hug or a cute cuddling – Here’s the Interesting facts About hugs that let you know as why it’s good for you.
Interesting Facts about Hugs and their impacts to your body and life you maybe didn’t know before:
1. Α full-body hug stimulates your nervous system and decreasing feelings of loneliness, combating fear, increasing self-esteem, defusing tension, and showing appreciation.
2. Cuddling releases oxytocin. Oxytocin is a hormone that does everything from making you feel good to helping you feel connected to others.
3. More hugs = lower blood pressure. The hormones that are released in the body after a hug aren’t just good for happy feelings — they can also help your physical health. When someone touches you, the sensation on your skin activates pressure receptors called Pacinian corpuscles, which then send signals to the vagus nerve, an area of the brain that is responsible for lowering blood pressure.
4. Hugging can be good for our hearts. Embracing someone may warm your heart partner who didn’t have any contact with each other having a quickened heart rate of 10 beats per minute compared to the five beats per minute among those who got to hug their partners.
5. Even a 10-second hug can improve your health. Results of the study “Meanings of hugging” from Lena Forsell and Jan Åström identified several impacts a 10-second hug can have to your health:
Lower risk of heart disease
Boost your immune system
How does hugging make you feel? Share your views With us and share this amazing information with friends, family and your loving ones and tell them the benefits of hugging.